OPERA FOR PEACE ACADEMY EUROPE – Rome, Italy 2022 in collaboration with the EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK (EIB)
We are now accepting applications from talented artists from all countries with Full Scholarships, Grants and Partial Scholarships! (need and non-need based).
Free Registration & No Age Limit!
Opera for Peace Academy – Europe: 30th May – 5th June 2022 in Rome, Italy
Spend a week in Rome working with the Opera for Peace team to begin your career as a citizen artist with a global perspective! Have a chance to work with acclaimed artists such as Lawrence Brownlee, Sumi Jo, Thomas Hampson, & Ludovic Tézier.
Opera for Peace Academy – Europe 2022 is a one-of-a-kind program offering 20 emerging opera singers the opportunity to find and develop their unique artistic identity. We want to support you in your journey to becoming a self-sustainable professional who then becomes a social entrepreneur and ambassador for peace and collaboration.
Individual training: Top vocal and repertoire training from leading coaches: Kamal Khan (Conductor and OfP Artistic & Musical Advisor working in worldwide institutions); Sumi Jo (soprano & OfP Advisor); Eleonora Pacetti (Director of the Fabbrica Young Artist Program, Opera di Roma); Francesco Antonio Castaldo, Sergio La Stella, Gianluca Terranova (Aimart – Accademia Internazionale di Musica e Arte)
Group Masterclasses with Sumi Jo, Kamal Khan, Thomas Hampson (baritone & OfP Advisor); Lawrence Brownlee (tenor & OfP Ambassador), Ludovic Tézier (baritone & OfP Advisor) and Cassandre Berthon (soprano & Ofp Advisor)
Performance & Event Opportunities:
– Mock auditions with Eleonora Pacetti (Director of the Fabbrica Young Artist Program, Opera di Roma)
– Perform in the final program concert
– Additional performance opportunities throughout the year for selected artists
– How to Audition with Julia Lagahuzère (OfP General Director and previously Deputy Casting Director of Opéra de Paris) and Eleonora Pacetti
– Talks & conferences: Artists will have the opportunity to join participants from the business, engineering and conservation sectors, for Circular Culture © TM conferences tying in our shared values.
Artist Selection Process and Criteria:
We are committed to a transparent selection process which will be presided over by a diverse committee of Opera for Peace members, as well as other industry colleagues known for working towards diversity, equity and inclusion.
The online application process will require all applicants to send their biography / CV, list of repertoire, a cover letter or introductory video, and three video or audio links.Program participants will be selected and invited based on musicality, communication talents, technique, vocal timbre, musical and vocal preparation as well as a strong motivation to be part of our Opera for Peace mission.Artists should be in the early, emerging stages of professional development.
Application deadline: 23rd April 2022
Grants & Scholarships:
1) FULL GRANTS – all expenses paid
For artists deemed as coming from “Emerging Countries” with limited financial means.
2) OPERA FOR PEACE GRANTS – all expenses paid.
– SUMI JO GRANT – Opera for Peace Advisor
– THOMAS HAMPSON GRANT – Opera for Peace Advisor
– BRUCI GRANT – supporting a Serbian artist
– Grant for a Ukrainian Artist – in collaboration with the European Investment Bank (EIB), Opera Europa, Opera for Peace & Teatro dell’Opera di Roma
3) PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP – for artists demonstrating exceptional talent. A cost of 900€ to be paid for the week-long course, subsidized by the EIB and Opera for Peace, reduced from 2000€ at which the program is valued. All other costs (visas, travel, accommodation, etc.) are at the artists’ expense.
Program places are limited to a total of 20 artists.
Please apply here (free):https://auditionoracle.com/…
About the European Investment Bank:
The European Investment Bank is the long-term lending institution of the European Union (EU) owned by its Member States. As the EU’s climate bank, the EIB committed to support €1 trillion of climate action and environmental sustainability investments in the next decade. Within the EIB, the EIB Institute promotes and supports academic, cultural and social initiatives with European stakeholders and the public at large. It is a key pillar of the EIB Group’s community and citizenship engagement.