Opera for Peace Academy Europe – Paris 2023 AUDIT PROGRAM registration is now open13th February 2023
✨ Opera for Peace Academy Europe – Paris 2023 audit program registration is now open! ✨ Experience the Academy in-person, in an observational capacity from 13-20 April.
Observers will be able to watch masterclasses led by incredible artists including Sumi Jo, Thomas Hampson, Etienne Dupuis, Brian Jagde, Ailyn Pérez & others, and listen to workshops on various topics (Auditioning, Social Media, Leadership, etc.). You will also have the opportunity to attend the final concert.
Opera for Peace Academy – Europe in collaboration with the EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK (EIB): 13th of April – 20th of April 2022 in Paris, France
AUDIT PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
Spend a week in Paris working with the Opera for Peace team at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris to begin your career as a citizen artist with a global perspective! Have the chance to observe the teachings of acclaimed artists such as Sumi Jo, Thomas Hampson, Ailyn Pérez, and others.
Opera for Peace Academy – Europe 2023 is a one-of-a-kind program offering 12 emerging opera singers the opportunity to find and develop their unique artistic identity. We want to support you in your journey to becoming self-sustainable professionals who then become social entrepreneurs and ambassadors for peace and collaboration creating a better future.
– Group Masterclasses with Sumi Jo (coloratura soprano & OfP Advisor), Thomas Hampson (baritone & OfP Advisor), Kamal Khan (recitalist, conductor & OfP Artistic and Musical Advisor); Ailyn Pérez (soprano & OfP Ambassador); Brian Jagde (tenor & OfP Ambassador), Etienne Dupuis (baritone & OfP Ambassador)
– Watch the final program concert
– Social Media with Jenna Wolf (OfP Artistic and External Relations Consultant and Press and Media Director at Lenny’s Studio)
– Audition & Artistic Identity Workshop with Julia Lagahuzère (OfP General Director and previously Deputy Casting Director of Opéra de Paris)
– Peace Building: How to integrate peace building into your career as a citizen artist, led by the Institute of Economics and Peace
– Leadership Workshop: led by Spencer Stuart (world’s leading global executive search and leadership consulting firms to show you how to become a leader through your art)
– Talks & conferences: Artists will have the opportunity to join participants from the cultural heritage & innovation sectors, for Circular Culture © conferences at Sciences Po Paris, tying in our shared values.
Artist Selection Process and Criteria:
We are committed to a transparent selection process which will be presided over by a diverse committee of Opera for Peace members, as well as other industry colleagues known for working towards diversity, equity and inclusion.
The e-mail application process will require all applicants to send their biography / CV, and a cover letter or introductory video to Madara Vilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who is interested in Auditing is welcome to apply, with no age limit or musical requirements. Places are limited to 30 people.
Application deadline: 26th of March 2023
The cost of the audit programme is €275 for the whole week. This does not include travel and accommodation costs which must be covered by the auditor.
About Opera for Peace
Opera for Peace is the largest worldwide organization for young opera professionals, working on six continents to connect, support, and promote outstanding artists through our network of Opera for Peace Partners, Advisors, Ambassadors, and Emerging Artists. Artists are at the core of our mission. We offer opportunities and guidance to artists who don’t have ready access to career development and advancement opportunities, while promoting social justice, equity, and inclusion. We focus on different strategic regions to offer local support, mentorship, and empowerment, and most importantly, a way to connect to the wider global cultural community.
About the European Investment Bank (EIB)
The European Investment Bank is the long-term lending institution of the European Union (EU) owned by its Member States. As the EU’s climate bank, the EIB committed to support €1 trillion of climate action and environmental sustainability investments in the next decade. Within the EIB, the EIB Institute promotes and supports academic, cultural and social initiatives with European stakeholders and the public at large. It is a key pillar of the EIB Group’s community and citizenship engagement.